Sunday, April 5, 2009

National Arboretum

Today we went to the National Arboretum http://www.usna.usda.gov/ . It is only about 2 miles from our house. It's funny we don't have a lawn but 2 miles away, there is grass as far as the eye can see. Allison had a great time walking around, picking up rocks and sticks and playing in the grass. I tried to take some pictures of her in front of some of the flowering trees, but she was too busy to stand still. We need a new camera with a very fast shutter speed. If I ever hope to get any good pics of her. She is always on the move or she wants to take the camera from my hands. At least you can see how pretty the the trees are at this time in DC. Daddy was very happy that his girl didn't want to be held or ride in the stroller. She wanted to walk, so she could pave her own trail through the park. When I picked her up to cross the street she would yell and kick until she was back on the ground!!
Here she is happily running through the grass with a rock in her hand. She collected many rocks but none were tasted today. Maybe we are finally moving out of that phase!

Allison found some tall grass that was pretty tough for her little feet to move through. But she enjoyed the challenge. Sorry, I'm talking so much in the video. I think she was telling me to be quiet and let her enjoy her time in the grass!!



3 comments:

Brandon,Sarah,&Elizabeth said...

too cute!! i wish it was sunny here today!!!

The Walkers said...

Hey sweet girl! I have been to DC in the spring and I know how gorgeous it is!! Enjoy every second of it!

Dawne C. said...

Looks like Jim has a new training partner.